If you are reading this article then you are using the digital media in its best form. You should know that in the modern era, the digital platform has become one of the biggest sources of information and this is one of the biggest advantages of using the fruitful digital platform. There used to be a time when most of the discussions regarding particular information ended with only disagreement but now the first thing everyone does whenever they argue about any type of information is Google the topic.
Well, it doesn’t matter whether you are planning to write a research paper or just writing an article for your company, you will have to make sure that you are using all the information mentioned on the digital platform. But this doesn’t mean that all the information present on the digital platform is 100% correct and is always updated. This is where the real issue begins. You should know that if you are mentioning particular information from a website then you have to be sure that that the website is up to date and is fulfilling all your requirements.
If you have ever checked a blog then you must be aware of the fact that every blog that is published on the digital platform comes along with its date of publication. This is very much necessary because if the date of publication will be available then the reader who is using that blog for his purpose can be sure that the blog is up to date and is not from the 90s. Well, the same goes for all the websites out there as well. You should know that if you are using any website in your article as a source of information then you have to be sure that the particular page of the website was not published long ago.
This is one of the main reasons why using a blog without a publication date can turn out to be a frustrating thing but you don’t need to worry as we are here to help. In this blog post, we have included some of the best methods that you can use in order to find the publication date of a website without any hassle. So, without any further ado, let’s go through the whole process of finding publication date of a website.
1. Analyzing the URL and page
If you are looking forward to find the exact publication date of a website then the first way of doing so is by analyzing the URL. This is one of the simplest ways you can find the publication date of a website and you can easily apply the below-mentioned ways without any hassle.
· You can first look at the bottom or top of the article or blog as almost all the good and reputed websites will never publish a blog or an article without the date. The date will be in a readable format and it will be easily visible to you.
· But If you are not able to find the publication date near the blog or the article then you don’t need to worry as you can also find the publication date by scrolling down the bottom of the page and then checking the information mentioned there. You will surely see a copyright information or publication note. Both of these will contain the publication date and it is another easy to way to find the publication date for the article or blog you are reading.
· Another way to find the publication date is look at the address bar and then checks the last part of the URL. There are many blogs and websites that auto-fill the URL with the publication date and this is another easy way of finding the publication date without going through any type of complication.
· This might not be an accurate method for finding the publication date but if you are not left with any other option then you will have to rely on this only. If there are any comments on the blog post or the article then you can check the date mentioned below the comment to know how old the article or blog is. But you should know this should be your last approach.
2. Google Search
If you are not able to find the publication date by all the above-mentioned ways then Google can act as your savior. You should know that Google first indexes the date before showing any piece in the search result. The process of indexing the date happens just within few hours and therefore, you can be sure about the accuracy. Here is a step by step process of finding the publication date through Google Search
· First of all, you will need to log on to Google, and then you will need to enter the link for which you want to know the publication date in the search box. You will have to use inurl: before the URL that you are going to paste.
· After that, you will have to just move back to the address bar of the browser and then type &as_qdr=y15 at the end of the URL. After that, you will just have to hit enter.
· Then, the search result that you will get will be almost same but the date of indexing the Meta description is the appropriate date of the web page that you are going to choose. But you will have to be sure that you are using a similar URL pattern because in many cases, your browser can make changes to your address bar and therefore, you will not get what you are looking for.
3. Through source code
This is another effective method of finding the publication date. If you are not satisfied with the Google result and even analyzing the URL and page is not working for you then you can find the publication date of the website through the source code. Here is a step by step process of finding the URL through the source code.
· Visit the website and then open the article for which you are searching the publication date.
· Then all that you will need to do is to right-click on the blank space of the webpage and then you will get a long list of options on the webpage in the form of a pop-up window.
· After that, you will have to scroll down to the bottom of the list and choose the Source Code from that list.
· Then the whole layout of the webpage will get rearranged and a panel will open that will show you the source code of the webpage. You should know that all the details regarding the page will be mentioned in the source code, including the publication date. You will just have to press Ctrl+F and then search for ‘Publish’. This will show you the publication date in the source code.
As you can see, there are various ways of finding the publication date of a website. You can use the best approach according to your situation and need.