Computers have become an inseparable part of our daily lives. There used to be a time when most of the people out there were not aware of the functions and features of a computer and there were only a handful of people who used this alien technology of that time. But with time, things have completely changed. Now, everyone is completely dependent on computers and they are being used in each and every kind of business. It doesn’t matter whether you are running a small business or a giant firm, you will have to use computers for getting things done in the way they should be done.
But computers are not limited to the industries only as they have become an important part of a normal life as well. There used to be a time when computers were used to be big and bulky but with time, things have completely changed and now we have computers so thin that you can easily carry them anywhere. Although there are many parts of a computer system that you will need to focus on, you should know that the main thing that any computer or laptop will have in the world is its OS system.
Without an OS system, a computer will be like a TV without any dish connection. Well, there are not many OS systems that are used on a global level but the one that comes up in the mind first is obviously Windows. You should know that the Windows operating system has become so much popular that it has become a synonym for the OS system. The ease of use, functionality, and the familiarity of windows makes it one of the most trusted and reliable OS system that is used all around the world.
Well, there are many versions of the Windows that have been released in the market and each version that is launched comes with newer and advanced features and this is what keeps this popular OS system up and running. If you are old enough then you must have also worked on the Vista version of Windows and now we have come so far in the technological advancement that we have started using Windows 10.
You should know that people had a lot of expectations from Windows 10 before its release and we can say this for sure that Microsoft has fulfilled all those requirements. But do you really know how to make the most of the Windows 10. Well, in this blog post, we are going to discuss some of the most useful tips that you can use in order to improve the computer performance in Windows 10 without any hassle.
Get rid of unwanted software
The first thing that you can do in order to improve your computing performance in Windows 10 is to get rid of all the unwanted software solutions. You should know that all the computers in the world come with some preinstalled software solutions that you will never use in your lifetime. And the worst part about these software solutions is they will keep running in the background even when you will not be using them.
So, you will need to uninstall them and in order to do so. You will have to follow the below-mentioned steps:-
- Go to the Control Panel of your computer.
- Then move to the Program and Features page.
- Then you will get a list of all the software solutions that have been installed on your computer. You will just need to click on the software that you want to uninstall.
- After that, you will need to clock on the uninstall button.
- A pop message will appear and it will ask your confirmation for uninstalling the app. Just click Ok.
Run a disk cleanup
You should know that there is an in-built disk de-cluttering tool available in Windows 10 and it is known by the name of Disk Cleanup. If you will use this tool then it will scan your system for all the unnecessary large files like temporary internet files, program installers, etc. You should know that all these files will occupy space in your computer that will have Windows 10 and you will need to get rid of all these unnecessary files as well. You will be surprised to know that you can end up cleaning more than 2 to 5 GB of data by running disk cleanup and this will be the difference between sluggish computer performance and smooth computer performance. Follow the below steps to run Disk Cleanup:
- First of all, double click on This PC icon and open it.
- After opening This PC, right click on C: drive and select Properties option from the drop down box.
Note: C: drive stores all the temporary and un-necessary data.
- After opening the Properties option you will find Disk Cleanup option there.
- After clicking on the Disk Cleanup option, a dialog box will appears and there you can select the different folder which are un-necessary and then select OK.
- Finally selecting the OK option a pop up will appears in which you have to confirm it by clicking on Delete Files option. After doing this your all the un-necessary and unwanted data will be delete and you can gain some free space on your computer.
Make sure that you have the latest device drivers and updates for Windows
If you are really serious about improving the computer performance in Windows 10 then one of the most important things that you will need to do is to make sure that you are using the latest version of Windows 10. All that you will have to do is to click on updates and your PC will automatically start searching for the latest device drivers and this will surely help you in improving the overall performance of your PC. Here is the step by step process of checking updates in your PC with Window 10 in it:-
- Begin with clicking the Start button and then move to Update and Security
- There, you will have to click on the option of Update & Security and then select Check for Updates (If appears otherwise you can click on Download option directly)
- If the new window says that your system is up to date then you will have to do nothing but if it says that updates are available then you will need to choose the updates that you want and then simply click on Install.
- Finally, you will need to restart your PC and check whether the performance has improved or not.
Install only quality apps
You will also have to be selective while choosing apps for your computer with Windows 10 in it. You should know that there are many outdated apps out there in the market that comes with many different types of unnecessary features that can easily affect the performance of your computer. And you should not rely on an app just because you think that it comes with a brand name.
If you really want to keep your computer healthy, then you will need to do proper research and install only quality apps. If possible, always try to install apps from Microsoft stores only and not from anywhere else.
Stop OneDrive from Syncing
The cloud storage OneDrive comes built-in with Windows 10 and it will keep your files synced and up to date on all the PCs that you use. But you should know that since OneDrive continuously syncs files from your PC to the cloud, it can sometimes slow down your computer and if you really don’t want your computer to slow down then you will have to pause the syncing. After pausing the syncing, you can check whether your computing performance has improved or not, and if it has improved then you will need to stop syncing from OneDrive permanently.
All the tips mentioned in this blog post are very easy to implement and therefore, you will find any type of hassle dealing with them. Please follow the given steps to stop syncing:
- First of all right click on the OneDrive icon located on the taskbar and select Settings option.
- After using Settings option a dialog box will appears and then select Account tab from the box.
- And finally choose Unlink this PC option from the Account tab and then a pop up will appear for confirmation and to stop the syncing from OneDrive you have to choose Unlink account.